It’s been just over one month since the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority began accepting applications for medical marijuana patients, caregivers, and businesses on August 25, 2018. Here's an update on how many license applications have been received and approved.
As of September 24, 2018, the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority reported a total of 7,388 license applications received. Here’s the breakdown of applications received:
- 5,724 for patients
- 45 for caregivers
- 1,619 for all business types
Overall, the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority reported a total of 4,948 licenses have been approved. Here’s the breakdown of licenses approved:
- 3,786 for patients
- 27 for caregivers
- 1,135 for all business types
- 377 dispensaries
- 593 growers
- 165 processors
The Oklahoma medical marijuana market is projected at $100 million - $150 million a year. The current business licensing process may be subject to change as the program is currently operating under emergency rules, and the state Legislature is expected to pass permanent regulations next year.
Interested In Applying For An Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Business License?
To educate yourself more on the application process and start drafting the documents required for your business, download our Oklahoma Marijuana Business Starter Package, which includes:
- An Informational Overview of Oklahoma's Medical Marijuana Laws
- An Application Guide & Checklist for a detailed summary and checklist of all action items you'll need to complete before submitting your application
- A Business Plan Template to help you draft an executive summary for your business
- A Financial Plan Template to give you and your investors a comprehensive 3-year projection of what to expect when operating a medical marijuana business
As a special offer, you can apply code "OK2018" for 20% off your purchase!