Ohio Cultivation Business Plans Package
The Downloadable Ohio Cultivation Business Plans Package include plans needed for the Ohio Medical Marijuana Cultivation Application.
Please Note: All of the plans are vertically integrated and not specific to any geographic region. You will be responsible for customizing the template plans to fit your market, business and state laws.
- Business Plan Template
- Cultivation Plan Template
- Environmental Plan Template
- Financial Plan Templates
- Fire Safety Plan Template
- Inventory Control Plan Template
- Recordkeeping Plan Template
- Product Safety Plan Template
- Security Plan Template
- Staffing Plan Template
- Suitability of Proposed Plan Template
- Transportation Plan Template
Application Deadline for Ohio Cultivation Licenses is in June. View Ohio Business Plans Package here.
Ohio Cultivation License Overview
Ohio legalized medical marijuana when Governor John Kasich signed HB 523 into law legalizing medical marijuana access for patients suffering from qualifying medical conditions such as Alzheimer’s, ALS, Cancer, Crohn’s disease, Hepatitis C, Chronic/Severe Pain and more. The state will be issuing licenses for Cultivation, Processing, Lab Testing and Retail Dispensing with four regulating departments overseeing the entire Ohio Medical Marijuana Control Program.
Medical Marijuana Cultivator: Allowed to cultivate medical marijuana and deliver or sell medical marijuana to one or more licensed processors. There are two (2) types of Cultivator License available:
- Level I Cultivator License means a cultivator that is permitted to operate up to twenty-five thousand (25,000) square footage of space designated as the marijuana cultivation area in the application. The ODC may issue up to twelve (12) Level I Cultivator Licenses. Level I cultivator application fee is twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) and must establish and maintain an escrow account in a chartered financial institution in Ohio in the amount of seven hundred fifty thousand dollars ($750,000).
- Level II Cultivator License means a cultivator that is permitted to operate up to three thousand (3,000) square footage of space designated as the marijuana cultivation area in the application. The ODC may issue up to twelve (12) Level II Cultivator Licenses. Level II cultivator application is two thousand dollars ($2,000) and must establish and maintain an escrow account in a chartered financial institution in Ohio in the amount of seventy-five thousand dollars ($75,000).
A Cultivator License Applicant may only apply for one (1) type of Cultivation License (for example, a Level I Cultivator License Applicant shall be prohibited from applying for a Level II Cultivator License, and vice versa).
The Ohio Department of Commerce (ODC) is responsible for overseeing medical marijuana cultivators, processors and testing laboratories.